The Systems Products Group (SPG) is looking for an experienced BIOS Engineer to help develop breakthrough solutions for CCG's Systems business.
SPG's products include the Intel NUC and Intel Compute Card product families.
CCG's SPG is a fast-paced, rapidly growing business unit whose charter is to expand Intel's worldwide presence by accelerating global Channel growth through innovative business models and platform solutions tailored to meet local market needs.
We have employees worldwide who handle all aspects of the business from product definition and development to technical enabling, marketing, business development and sales.
In this position, you will manage all the system BIOS and driver technical aspects of SPG product development with Independent BIOS Vendor (IBV) and Original Design Manufacturer ODMs, and collaborate with a team to develop Intel system products, responsible for a product from initial concept through retail launch.
Your responsibilities include but not be limited to :
1. Providing advice and oversight and supervision to the IBV system BIOS development and validation, ensuring product requirements are developed and delivered that meet product specification defined.
2. Coordinating BIOS development schedule, prioritization, and planning, and providing power-on debug, onsite support, and giving development guidance to IBV and ODM when needed
3. Facilitating and assisting IBV BIOS development team with resolution of NPI issues, and working with internal Intel SOC and CCE teams on any and all issues that occur during development.
You must possess at least a Bachelor of Science degree in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with more than five years of applicable experience on BIOS and / or device driver development.
Additional qualifications include :
1. In-depth knowledge of PC architecture and BIOS
2. Demonstrated skill with C / C++, Assembly language programming in BIOS
3. Good understanding of BIOS-Windows interface, WHQL validation, submission process, and WU process
4. Familiar with CPU initialization, chipset configuration, memory initialization, and performance tuning
5. Good problem solving, decision making, and communication skills
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-
wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-
in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.