For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry.
Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel.
We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world.
We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit.
Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors.
It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
The Operations Program Manager (OPM) is the central Supply Chain team representative responsible for the product line operations issues from Design Concept to Mass Production, as well as the implementation of key supply chain initiatives.
This position is senior level and has high visibility within the organization. The OPM manages all operational aspects of product introduction & ramp from design to the point of sustaining production in an outsourced environment.
The OPM will ensure all new products are designed for manufacturability and testability while achieving lowest total cost and highest quality.
What you'll do
1. Working with Project Team, coordinate all prototype builds, location based on strategic direction from Supply Chain team.
Work with all appropriate Supply Chain resources (NPI Planner, MPE, Test Engineer, CM Mgr., GCM, SQE, etc.) and provide Program Manager a single management focus from Supply Chain.
2. Create and update as needed a Manufacturing Plan, including manufacturing & risk buy schedules, yield targets, process time targets, DFX plan, etc.
3. Manage first production builds and launch quantity ramp and attainment of product maturity metrics, communicating results versus targets and driving corrective actions.
4. Ensure BOM reviews are held at the appropriate points in the Product Development / Manufacturing schedule.
5. Drive costing reviews at the appropriate points in the development schedule.
6. Ensure postponement strategies are determined and processes are in place.
7. Ensure overall product and all supporting documentation is released to production prior to start of PVT.
8. Manage a clean handoff to the sustaining Planning & Engineering teams at the appropriate phase.
9. Ensure all Supply Chain requirements as defined by phase checklists are met prior to moving to the next phase, escalating to Sr. Mgmt any exceptions.
10. Manage transfers of product among factories or within sites.
11. Responsible for all product level projects related to manufacturing aspects of a product family and supply chain initiatives management (SMI, postponement, BTO).
12. Architect and drive supply chain initiatives to reduce cycle time, reduce inventory, increase flexibility and improve delivery and quality, both early in the NPI process on new product configuration decisions and in various on-going projects.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
1. Demonstrated excellence in leadership, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and proven business acumen.
2. Demonstrated experience developing high volume electronic products for manufacturability, quality, and low cost.
3. Proven ability to interact in a team environment, mentor junior team members and influence senior management. In depth knowledge of Development Processes, Manufacturing, DFM, DFT, advanced supply chain theory, and subcontract manufacturing.
Ability to view and manage to big picture, yet also extremely detail oriented.
4. Proven ability on production transition coordination, transfer activities driving across multi-nations & multi-EMS factory site
5. Experiences with World Wide based (China, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Brazil) manufacturing providers / sites highly desirable.
6. 10+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing or design. Excellent English written, verbal, organizational, presentation and analytic skills.
7. Multiple product types (low volume / high mix, low volume / low mix, high volume / low mix, high volume / high mix) development consumer electronics experience highly desirable.
8. Master degree in Engineering or Business field.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.