Objectives and Scope of Position
The iFACT Director is a member of the Leadership Team of the Taiwan affiliate. He / she is responsible for the overall supervision of the Taiwan s accounting and controlling functions, legal / compliance and administrative and commercial support services including procurement, logistics, facility management, as well as SHE.
This includes global / regional functions and processes carried out at the local affiliate. The incumbent will manage 5 direct reports and a total team of 20 professionals across these multiple functions.
Job Purpose :
Assess, set and implement affiliate short-term strategy and long-term direction together with the Leadership Team.
Build trust and effective relationships and act as role model for agile leadership.
Joint leadership of Taiwan transformation with Taiwan Leadership Team by fostering an environment that promotes trust / transparency and customer centricity that inspires, motivates, and enables teams to adopt agile ways of working
Lead the Finance organization and take accountability for the output of the entire team and for building and sustaining an effective and competent team.
Manage financial accounting and reporting systems and processes to comply with accounting standards and reporting requirements.
Establish and maintain robust financial systems, processes and controls.
Provide and interpret management information to offer a view on performance in the context of the business strategy.
Support projects and initiatives, act as a change agent and engage in sharing and seeking best practices.
Manage efficient supply chain and sales ordering processes, optimize inventory level and manage warehousing and distributor relationship.
Optimize affiliate s procurement processes considering global and regional procurement strategies.
Act as the affiliate s Company Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer
Ensure timely, effective and efficient cross-functional service operations to enable all functions to meet their goals and objectives.
As a member of Roche Finance community, represent and implement global financial strategies, processes and systems within the affiliate, and support global projects.
Measurement and achievement of affiliate financial targets (e.g. Sales, OPEX, KPIs, HC, etc.)
Ownership of core financial processes : Month-end Close, Event Driven Planning, Long-Range Business Plan and other financial processes as required for proper affiliate operation
Develop and execute plans that enable successful performance for the affiliate and global.
Recruit, train, coach, develop and retain a high-performing finance and administrative team. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
Foster a culture of engagement, passion, ownership and collaboration. Build a strong sense of team ownership for robust compliance, patient access to Roche medicines, people development, and driving positive business performance.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
1.Build and maintain the finance organization, by taking resourcing decisions and nurturing a winning team :
Manage people’s performance and ensure continuous professional development and succession planning by attracting and retaining high-potential and high-performing employees;
Utilize global and regional career development opportunities to develop competencies and skills;
Provide effective coaching and feedback to direct and indirect team members and manage relationships with other functions;
Develop and maintain the finance department as a strong business partner to drive performance and execution in the affiliate.
2. Develop financial strategies that maximize compliance, people development, patient access to Roche medicines, and driving business performance.
Utilize financial tools such as decision-making analytics, prioritization, resource-allocation and value / investment analysis.
Lead the financial transformation such as Event Driven Planning (EDP) to reflect timely insights into business, to enable fit-for-purpose dialogues and to strive for action-oriented and agile way of planning.
3. Develop metrics & KPIs as required. Closely monitor financial and other performance indicators to proactively guide and course-correct.
Proactively report major risks and opportunities as appropriate.
4. Provide management information (key performance indicators, financial and non-financial data) that offers a view on past, current and future performance in the context of the business strategy and objectives.
Ensure that the information is reliable and accessible to business managers.
5. Establish and maintain robust financial systems, processes and controls to ensure accuracy, completeness and integrity of financial transactions.
Ensure adequate documentation and evidencing of all financial transactions.
6. Proactively evaluate and measure compliance, take necessary actions to correct and / or escalate compliance matters. Respect and actively monitor compliance of all staff with all relevant Roche policies, guidelines and local laws.
7. Oversee, prepare and guide in internal and external audits. Lead post-auditing reviews and drive effective identification and implementation of corrective actions or other continuous improvements.
8. Liaise with tax function for transfer pricing, tax optimization and other ad-hoc issues. Ensure statutory tax compliance.
9. Procurement : Optimize use of resources by effective category management, sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management.
Identify and realize saving opportunities
10. Manage the Supply Chain function to deliver high level of service for customers. Ensure the smooth functioning of the local supply chain activities including warehousing, delivering, order management, import and export, product forecasting and order processing to headquarters.
11. Ensure an effective, efficient and fully compliant affiliate Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Program. Includes routine and ad hoc Occupational Health & Safety inspections.
Education / Qualifications :
Minimum : Master degree or above with Specialization in Finance (MBA preferred)
Working Experience :
9-15 years of experience in finance with at least 3 years in a senior leader position (healthcare industry strongly preferred)
Experience operating in an international environment with cross-cultural sensitivity
Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a diverse environment
Demonstrated experience in successfully leading teams
Experience in leading cross-functional projects
Practical experience with ERP Systems with a solid business process knowledge;
Sound analytical skills and synthesis capabilities;
Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and excellent solution-oriented verbal and written communication skills;
Knowledge of fiscal and legal environment
Understanding of internal controls and risk management;
Ability to organize tasks intelligently and to work very productively and efficiently;
Sound project management and process designing skills;
Track record of translating theoretical principles into practicable application;
Demonstrates the Roche values, Roche leadership commitments and Roche core competencies.
Fluent in English
Appreciates the diversity of working across multiple cultures and countries
Knowledge of the processes involved in Pharma Finance and Corporate Finance
Business acumen and judgment
Influencing / persuasion skills
Strategic skills and vision
Flexibility to travel approximately 30% of the time within the APAC and Globally
Ability to manage dynamic change and to work effectively in a matrix organization
Other (e.g., Travel)
National and international travel : Approximately 30 %
Who we are At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups.
Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.