Senior Principal Power Engineer
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Supplier / ODM enablement and advance engineering initiatives :
Enable ODM power engineering capability.
Driving the resource of power engineering in ODM.
Provide first to market opportunities to Engineering, Marketing, and procurement.
Provide Power technology leadership and guidance to ODMs and technology providers (TP s) on complicated problems
2. Support RFQ activities :
Define / Review / Revise Power specifications and related test documents.
Provide the technology recommendation and solution in planning stage.
Join w / global Power core team for Power sourcing recommendation.
Power suppliers Management :
Standardization of global Power suppliers’ specification to mitigate the effort for Dell.
Supply chain engagement to facilitate the First to Market opportunities for Dell.
New Power supplier selection and enablement.
Provide critical issue solving support as needed to platform development team
3. Consultant to internal Dell cross function support for Power issue solving.
4. Own Power change management control for sustaining
5. Work with technology providers, suppliers, and ODMs to enhance technical and resource capability to support demands of Dell future product strategy and roadmap.
6. Guide ODM and technology providers to innovate in technology solutions that offer enhanced and or new features and services to Dell
7. Engage with advanced platform engineering teams and represent Power engineering at various technology forums.
8. Participate in supplier business and roadmap reviews
9. Own the implementation of post mortem action plans with suppliers and ODMs.
10. Manage and drive closure of customer / sustaining issues.
11. Product / commodity value analysis and value engineering for cost down opportunity.
12. Provide supports to Quality, Service, and other support teams for Power related issues and questions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent power technical skills (ex. EE and ME, etc) and strong ability to provide leadership and guidance.
Knowledge in Power technologies
Expert knowledge in both EE and ME related Power designs.
Must be able to interact closely with cross functional global engineering teams and ODM partners.
Strong ability to work with technology providers and develop new and foster existing relationships.
Strong program management skills with excellent priority setting skills and strong initiative and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications across global organizations. Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, present clear and concise information to team s and customers.
Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
As a senior level individual contributor, the successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical competence and expertise in Power products, especially in the area of design, functionality, integration and technical specifications.
Bachelors EE Degree with 10+ years in Power related experience.
Fluent in English communications.
Excellent knowledge about Power designs, production, quality, and industry status.
Excellent engineering leadership skills and ability to work across global organizations.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Solid background in development processes, product test and auditing / reviewing of process capability.