Requisition Number : 38378
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays ( LCDs ) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities :
1. Recommend suitable material for processing based on customer inputs on required customer applications and material physical and mechanical properties
2. Conduct process improvement experiments and manufacturing studies. Statistics analysis of manufacturing and experimental data to find process upset root causes and appropriate solution.
Utilize data analysis techniques to reduce cycle- time, improve manufacturing efficiency, minimize loss, and implement improved processes and new products.
3. Process engineering study and implementation of final products, final inspection, data collection, and quality controls to meet customer specifications
4. Defining and analyzing material performance, process capability and requirements, co-work on stage 2-3 testing and stage 4-5 technology migration.
5. Transfer technology to divisions and manufacturing plants with full implementation of training and documentation systems (Standard Operation Procedures, Process Set-points and Training)
6. Job requires periodic travel to Corning Incorporated and vendors locations in Asia and USA for process development of new products, new operation and process improvement projects.
7. Increase customers’ awareness of process control efforts, methodology and process analysis techniques.
8. Work with research & development teams for new processes and product development and introductions.