Objectives and Scope of Position :
Define MSL strategy within Medical Affairs and Lead MSLs to ensure full implementation of the Medical Plans
Strengthen TAE management in the field by building up the capability and capacity of MSLs to ensure high quality scientific engagement
Coach MSLs to develop strategic partnership with internal stakeholders
Coach and support individual MSL for best performance and career development.
Enhance the cross-functional collaboration between MSLs and all stakeholders.
Ensure strict medical compliance in MSL daily activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Define MSL strategy within Medical Affairs and Lead MSLs to ensure full implementation of the Medical Plans
Define direction and vision for MSL teams, which need to align with the whole medical affairs future direction
Ensure team’s full understanding and alignment with the medical strategy
Ensure the execution of medical plan to fulfill the scientific communication objectives
Coach the team to develop and deliver high-quality scientific communication plan
Oversee the implementation of the scientific projects to meet medical strategic needs
Regularly review and modify MSL action plan during implementation to ensure full support to key medical initiatives
Seek feedbacks and suggestions from external customers and internal stakeholders for constant improvement
Budget and timeline control on MSL activities
2. Strengthen TAE management in the field by building up the capability and capacity of MSLs to ensure high quality scientific engagement
Coach the team to develop and update TAE list for responsible disease areas via thorough TAE identification, profiling, and mapping process
Coach MSLs to develop TAE development strategy
3. Coach MSLs to develop strategic partnership with internal stakeholders
Coach MSLs to interact with HCPs to understand their views, preferences and interests and where Roche can partner with them to meet their needs where aligned with our strategies
Ensure the insights generated by MSLs have been provided for internal strategy development
4. MSL competency development
Organize and conduct MSL training to fulfill the organization needs
Provide continuous coach to MSLs to ensure the competencies and effectiveness towards team and individual goals
Routine co-visits of TAEs with MSLs to ensure the quality of scientific discussion and insight generation
5. Team / people management
Recruit and establish a qualified MSL team
Inspire and motivate positive team work spirit by active, open and constructive communications
Coach and support MSL for desired performance and career development
6. Enhance cross-functional collaboration and alignment
7. Ensure compliance adherence with local requirements and Roche SOPs.
Professional and Technical Requirements
Education / Qualifications : MD or PhD / PharmD degrees are preferred. Other graduate health science degrees or equivalent with strong proven relevant experience are considered.
Minimum : Master degree of Medical / Pharmacy / Biology related
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
1. Professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry; More than 3 years working experience in medical affairs are expected
2. Demonstrates strong leadership potential in the past experience and appreciates the diversity of working with multifunction teams
3. Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical / biotechnology organizations
4. Good understanding of ICH, GCP and local regulations; Experience in development and implementation of clinical trials
5. Good understanding of the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, and clinical relevance
6 Fluent English language knowledge, written and verbal
Who we are At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups.
Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.