E-Commerce Production Engineer / Sr. Engineer (Devops)
Nearly half of Oath’s employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we’re only getting bigger.
Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business and the world.
Want in? Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands.
A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Yahoo is focused on making the world's daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe.
In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo
A Little About Us
Our engineering teams are focused on delivering the best products across, Search, E-commerce, Mail, Mobile and Homepage just to name a few, and we have fun while we do it.
Our team structure encourages trust, learning from one another, having fun, and attracting people who are passionate about what they do.
A Lot About You
We are looking for great talents who have strong passion in E-commerce that can contribute to the development of our exciting next-generation products.
1. Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of E-Commerce systems
2. Primary responsible to online alert monitoring, and incident handling in a standard procedure of notification, problem resolving, fail out to BCP and escalations
3. Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a Linux servers and MySQL database environments.
4. Work with development teams or other supporting groups to harden, enhance, document, establish process and generally improve the operability of our systems
5. Assist in the configuration / build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
6. Maintain in-house development and production environments by complying with the concepts of DevOps or Service Reliability Engineering
7. Must have on-call rotation and work with the front-tier operational teams in worldwide
8. Better have the hands-on experience on one of the CI / CD tools
Required Qualifications and Skills :
1. Education background in Computer Science or equivalent majors
2. BS degree is must and the higher education level is better
3. Fair verbal and written English communication skills
4. Strong hands-on experiences on the LINUX environment with the ability to navigate, manipulate and understand the kernel technology.
5. Good knowledge of TCP / IP network environment, load-balancers, DNS and other internet protocols
6. Good knowledge on change, incident and BCP / DRP technologies
7. Excellent skills to effectively communicate via phone and in writing
8. Good self management skills, must be a self initiate and able to manage work priority effectively
9. Working experience with other functions like Product, Software Development, Customer Service or Infrastructure related
10. At least one year of experience on using UNIX shell script or other programming language on UNIX based platforms
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment.
Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
Oath is now Verizon Media.
At Verizon Media, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect.
With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we’re transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology. #verizonmedia