We're looking for creative and highly motivated Principal Investigators with the potential to define and lead the new research areas on next generation semiconductor device technologies.
The successful candidates will work in a hands-on laboratory setting while serving as a key intellectual leader and contributor for the conception and implementation of new device concepts on low-dimensional novel materials including 2D semiconductors, 1D carbon nanotubes, and other suitable materials.
In addition, the candidates will have the opportunity to significantly impact the expansion of TSMC's business and grow as future technical leader of the global research community.
Job Description :
Invent, research, and develop high performance logic devices based on novel low-dimensional materials.
1. Related experience on device fabrication and materials science for low-dimensional materials such as 2D monolayers and 1D carbon nanotubes.
2. Doctorate in science or engineering discipline required.
3. 8+ years of relevant experiences in the semiconductor technology research.
4. Ability to shape and lead research efforts in forward looking technology areas.
5. Ability to interact with academic partners and decision-makers and further make positive influence on academic partners.
6. Strong track record of publication.
7. Ability to work with development teams to translate research results into development programs and product technologies.
8. Strong oral and written communication skills in English.