Your Tasks as a Senior Project Engineer will include the following :
1. Technical contribution : Evaluate, select and apply standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.
Provide technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Prepare project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
2. Sales support : Assist in preparing proposal / presentation of engineering projects / programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
3. Project management : Support Project Managers in issuing claims (new / change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.
Provide quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensure adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
4. Planning and control : Create work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensure quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
Improve effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
5. Risk and opportunity management : Complete risk and opportunity assessments and ensure implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
6. Customer : Assist customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his / her scope of deliverables.
Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
7. Processes and tools : Use standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensure that Engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
Report processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
1. Technical Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Engineering field.
2. Customer focused attitude, Strong ability on communication, thinking and acting systemically will be considered as plus.
3. Able to be flexible and work in a team environment.
4. Excellent English and Chinese communication skills.
Location : Taipei City, Taiwan, Taiwan Contract type : Regular / Permanent Business unit : Business Unit Drives and Controls Date posted : 2018-
05-16 Job function : Design and Engineering Publication ID : TW64880643 E1
ABB (ABBN : SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally.
Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions : bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-
mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com