Work for Oracle Database System Testing team to test end to end state of art Real Application Cluster (RAC). Individuals will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and enhancing test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software areas to ensure software quality by exposing defects, identifying regressions, and verifying resolutions.
Requires strong interpersonal and technical skills to work effectively and efficiently with development staff and fellow testers in order to resolve software defects. Must maintain a dynamic environment consisting of test programs, drivers, procedures, systems, and documentation on all Oracle software releases to be tested.
• Familiar with enterprise software testing process and test automation.
• Strong domain knowledge in operating systems (Linux or Unix) and OS level testing experience in areas of kernel, networking and storage.
• Excellent knowledge of scripts (Python/Shell/Perl) writing and testing techniques.
• Ability to write and execute test plans and perform test case reviews with peers.
• Ability to work independently on a wide variety of testing and analysis tasks and solve problems quickly and completely.
• Be able to prioritize tasks and work with requirements.
• More than 5 years knowledge of testing
• Oracle RAC/ASM/GI knowledge is a BIG plus
• Good teamwork spirit and high responsibility
• Self-motivated and quick learner are welcome
•Good written and spoken English
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.