Position Overview and Responsibilities
The NI Global Services team is looking for an experienced Hardware / Software Engineer to support custom Hardware / Software systems deployed at customer locations.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with NI customers, Account Managers, Alliance Partners, and internal NI engineering teams to add new system features, improve test times, add new devices and resolve latent system bugs found after systems have been deployed.
The ideal candidate must have experience using NI Software Products as well as hands on experience using NI hardware platforms.
This is a hands-on multi-functional role dealing with diverse engineering skills needed to sustain custom solutions worldwide. The role will include :
1. Interacting with a wide variety of NI customers, NI staff, alliance partners and suppliers in support of custom test and measurement solutions
2. Managing milestones and holding reviews to assure systems meet requirements and readiness for deployment
3. Owning and implementing individual project deliverables, guiding technical decisions and driving field found issues to resolution
4. Travel at about 50% is expected, domestically and abroad in support of project objectives
o Support NI system development activities at customer sites
o Resolve NI system issues at customer sites to meet stability and reliability expectation
o Work with customers and contract manufacturers to improve NI tester performance
o Provide guidance and support to NI system operation at customer sites
Experience and Skill Requirements
1. Minimum Degree : B. S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, or Industrial Control Systems
2. Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in supporting complex HW / SW systems or a Test Engineering System Design Role using NI hardware.
3. Strong understanding of software design, electrical / electronic principles, computer architectures and RF principles.
4. Understanding of NI software tools (i.e. LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows CVI)5. Demonstrated understanding of the following concepts and principles :
o Sources of measurement error
o Engineering debug techniques for software and hardware
o Appropriate selection of instrumentation and equipment layout
o Integration of hardware and software
o Grounding and shielding principles
o Familiar with schematic capture tools
o Statistical analysis of data (Cp, Cpk, GR&R)
6. Demonstrated ability to :
o Work effectively in a diverse, multi cultural group development environment
o Problem-solve effectively - diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
o Take initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently
o Persistently drive tasks and lead projects to successful completion
o Quickly learn applicable technology, systems, and products
o Strong work ethic and drive to succeed