Key Responsibilities :
1. Develops, aligns and implements commodity strategies.
2. Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
3. Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
4. Directs new supplier introduction and / or disengagement requirements to / from the Applied Materials supply base.
5. Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
6. Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.