Design Engineer (Field-based Engineer)
What's the role?
We are looking for a high calibre candidate with strong business acumen to unleash your high potential, starting as Design Engineer.
Our people come from different walks of life with a shared dedication to high performance, consistent results.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector.
We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. To identify and maintain high potential and relevant building designers and consulting engineers by building and executing an account development and face to face visit plan, with timely recording of relevant information (activities and opportunities).
2. To increase the loyalty level of focus building designers and consulting engineers, making them engage, by proactively providing engineering services (advise, design, seminar, demo, etc.
and software to create specification for Hilti solution.
3. To build-up key projects pipeline information from the focus building designers and consulting engineers.
4. To develop specifications / opportunities (technical sales potential) in the key project pipeline by recognizing highly relevant applications and specifying relevant Hilti solutions in the early stages of planning / design and through-
out the construction phases of the key construction project.
5. To partner with company’s cross functional teams (sales and marketing) by planning and executing activities in customers offices and / or job sites that would proactively convert specifications / opportunities to sales.
6. To perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
Our tools are chosen for projects ranging from smart and safe housing to some of the world’s highest-profile constructions.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibilities from the start.
In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us.
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, regardless of your background.
What you need is :
I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant.
It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.